haulinbass

topwater lure question

If you're using D2T as a sealer, it's much easier to predrill all your holes, and then redrilll them after it's sealed.

If you're using it as a top coat, I think you should have already installed the screweyes before you painted.

In wood baits, predrilling is a good idea to avoid potential splitting or breaking off the screw eye. Just use some D2T or brush on crazy glue on the threads when you run the screw eyes in. Even if you want to adjust them later, the glue will make the threads that are cut into the wood stronger.

definitely pre-drill and try to get the sealer down into the holes with a wire or toothpick, thin it out if needed.

I have made a few double props that are fairly small so buoyancy is a fine line. Adding the props and hooks at the end allows adjusting the number of beads if needed to get the prop action you want.

So if you have made sure you sealed the inside of the holes then testing isn't an issue at the end and you can remove the screws and reinsert before securing permanently.

I can't wait for warm weather and the bass and bluegills on bed!