6108jd

Which clear coat to save work?

I need a little help in choosing a clear coat to use over Creatix to save the colors I have just painted, in case the next color doesn't look good and I could wipe it off. This is my first posting here and I am slowly learning this craft of lure painting and determined to do well. I am seeing alot of excellent advice here. I thought I would post this to get the help and advice I need. I used the search engine and just did not see any previous post that would answer my question. Thanks in advance.........catch it!

If you heat set really well, Createx should be semi-bullet proof. If you use warm water and a soft rag to clean off a bungled paint coat gently and quickly, before you heat set it or the paint has a chance to dry, the heat set paint underneath it should be fine.

You can also use Krylon pastel fixative. It's a clear from a rattle can, dries fast, and can be helped along by hitting it with a hair dryer to help it dry even faster, so you can get back to painting after an hour, instead of waiting 'till the next day.

I use the fixative after I've done my scales, before I do my high lite colors. It's just a habit with me now.