Fish 30acre

Taxidermy Fish Blanks For Swimbaits...

There are numerous, good taixidermy sites on the web with what you need. Google "taxidermy fish blank". I actually looked into this myself and the only drawback/problem I found was that all the ones I looked at had a curve to their bodies and most were one sided detail only. Hard to find a straight one as for the taxidermy guys its not that realistic, they want a blank that exhibits movement.

I was looking into this very idea recently but also found that most taxidermy fish replicas have a curve or one sided details.

Try Wasco though if you want some small 4.5" sized Bluegills, Perch or Crappie.

They have some that are unpainted clear plastic that should work well. The fins are thin though so you may need to bulk them up with some epoxy putty or similar product prior to molding. I bought some and did some testing which went well.

My larger baits will still be hand carved originals but I may use the ones from Wasco for the small ones.

I was looking into this very idea recently but also found that most taxidermy fish replicas have a curve or one sided details.

Try Wasco though if you want some small 4.5" sized Bluegills, Perch or Crappie.

They have some that are unpainted clear plastic that should work well. The fins are thin though so you may need to bulk them up with some epoxy putty or similar product prior to molding. I bought some and did some testing which went well.

My larger baits will still be hand carved originals but I may use the ones from Wasco for the small ones.

I seen the same thing awhile back. Looks pretty good, but if I was going to try those I believe I would have to try and trim the back tail off and fabricate my own. I would try and make a jointed section for the tail, I think it would swim a little better