crazywhiteguy

Airgun Error or Operator Error???

I got a Master airgun for my birthday in August. I have painted about 12 lures since then. Recently my airgun has been very tough to make spay, the paint doesn't spray right. It is a double action trigger and when you slide the trigger back to release some paint it doesnt spary but when you start to move it forward it will spray. So you have to like wiggle the trigger to make it paint and it sprays in little spurts. I am using all createx paints. Now my question is: Is this just me having a cheap gun or is it a paint thing?

Do you think i would be having the same problems with a iwata eclipse or hp?

Any help would be great!

It sounds to me like the airbrush is clogged with paint. I'd disassemble it and soak it in airbrush cleaner overnight, then run water through it to see what comes out. I'm betting a thorough cleaning will restore it, and if so the brand of airbrush wouldn't matter.

I agree with everyone else, I would put my money on operator. Even a cheap airbrush will run smooth if you treat her right. Like was mentioned strip it down and give it a good cleaning, dilute your paint for a smoother flow in the gun, and always run a cleaner (i use windex) through the gun after each color. Keep an eye on the tip of the needle as it will "gunk" up. Careful when you clean it. When you are running cleaning solution through after each color, block the tip so the airflows back through the airbrush and out through the cup then run all cleaner out and let until only air is flowing.

You should be painting close to worry free in no time if you do this.

just my :twocents:

Caution!!! When you do strip it down to clean, do it carefully and remember how to put it back together. Take apart over a clean cloth or paper towel. NEVER take apart over a sink...sometimes little parts like to jump/fall out and go down the drain quickly. Been there/done that :teef: