5BITES

Need a quick drying wheel

If it is the motor that has failed, you might be able to rig something temporary with a variable speed drill.

A few screws drilled into the side of the wheel would act like a pulley, retaining a chord. Manufacture a wooden pulley wheel with a bolt spindle for the variable speed drill chuck.

It might solve your immediate problem.

Dave

One other option: I have used D2T for years and have never turned a bait on a drying wheel. After I brush the epoxy on I go over it with a heat gun which reacts, thins and smooths the coating. Then I just hang them up to dry. I'm sure you probably get a more consistant finish using a drying wheel but I really have no complaints. :rolleyes:

Just a thought:

One other option: I have used D2T for years and have never turned a bait on a drying wheel. After I brush the epoxy on I go over it with a heat gun which reacts, thins and smooths the coating. Then I just hang them up to dry. I'm sure you probably get a more consistant finish using a drying wheel but I really have no complaints. :rolleyes:

Just a thought:

don't you find you get sags and runs in the finish? and isnt the top coat thicker on the end that was hanging down?

Look for an inexpensive rotisserie from a wal-mart (ewww) or Lowes or even a local flea market. That is where I got mine for 50 cents. Cut yourself some wheels and a simple stand. Should take very little time. Mine did. I'm not totally happy with mine but it works. Mine is very noisy. See my post in the tools forum. There is a link to Youtube where you can see it. Hope this helps.

go4bas