JimD

Other sites or tutorials for beginners

Jim.

This link Lure Fishing UK references a number of resources on the front page, including Lurebuilding 101, quite a good resource to get you started, but lacks a lot of detail.

To be honest, TU can provide all the help you need. I suggest that you have a read of the various resources, get a feel for what you need to do, then come back, try a few searches and ask a few questions. The TU members will have you producing fish magnets in no time at all.

Dave

You are right I have read a lot of the old posts and I have gotten some good advice from the board.

I moderate three boards over on TKF (Texas Kayak Fisherman) and see the same thing- Lots of newbies asking similar questions on a reoccurring basis. I was hoping for some "articles and How to's" so as not to have to ask all those same basic questions. How to get started? What gun? What Paint? Which cleaner?, How to Foil a bait, Finishing a bait, Painting techniques, How to build a simple dryer, color recipes ect.. I have noticed that some of the early how to links have changed and are gone.

My thought was It would be nice to have a lot of this basic information in one place to help get people like me up to speed with what ever part of this great hobby that one is interested in. :)

Thanks for the post. - Jim

Edited by JimD

You are correct, we need more tutorials from start to finish, for different types of lure. As it happens, just an hour ago, a swimbait construction tutorial was added, exactly what you are talking about.

I remember LaPala did a tutorial for seluang, but we need more.

Dave