walleye4

Painting Jigs with swivels

I make some jigs that have swivels for adding blades and I need advice on what to use that I can put over the swivel to keep it from getting painted. I have some samples of this product called Pluggers that I got years ago and they work pretty good but I only have 3 of them. I tried calling the # for the Pluggers but got a Dr's office. Has anyone else heard of these? Did the company go out of business? I powder paint, is there anything else I could use to keep paint off the swivel? I am starting to get tired of breaking the swivel off when I try to break the swivel free.

Thanks,

Greg

Greg,

You should post this in the wire bait section, as you would get more answers there. Anyway,I pour quite a few jigs with the swivel attached to the jig. I use high temp tape. I know some guys wrap it with aluminum foil. PM me if you want to know more about the high temp tape. BTW I have never heard of Pluggers. Can you post a pic, and maybe someone else can help you. I'm interested in what this looks like.

Edited by cadman

Greg,

You should post this in the wire bait section, as you would get more answers there. Anyway,I pour quite a few jigs with the swivel attached to the jig. I use high temp tape. I know some guys wrap it with aluminum foil. PM me if you want to know more about the high temp tape. BTW I have never heard of Pluggers. Can you post a pic, and maybe someone else can help you. I'm interested in what this looks like.

A plugger looks basically like a solid pc of rubber about 1/8" long with a hole going down the center. I would take a pic of one but you wouldn't really be able to tell what it was cause of the paint that is baked on it now. They are for putting over hook eyes to keep paint out of them. I just jammed a pick thru the hole to expand it to fit over a swivel. They really work well if I could only figure out what the material is so I could make some. I would certainly like to try some high temp tape! Where can I find it at? Menards or Walmart?

Thanks,