CA Delta

Propper lighting while airbrushing?

Excellent question. I'm a big proponent of proper lighting. It makes my life easier both in the paint shop and at my work bench where I install screw eyes, lips, etc.

There are "daylight" bulbs that can be purchased for florescent lighting. It allows you to see the natural colors of the paint you're working with. The florescent lights actually apply a light green tint to whatever they illuminate. (Photographers actually use a filter to correct florescent lighting and they hate working with it so they avoid it whenever they can.)

I have a pair of the "daylight" bulbs lighting up my paint booth. I use them in concert with the overhead florescent and a "desk lamp" which is on an adjustable boom. Makes a big difference. Other than that, just make sure you have plenty of light from whatever source you can get and use and make sure it is as close to your work as possible..

Thanks Vince, I will be getting a boom light for sure. I bet they charge an arm & a leg for the daylight bulbs verses the standard cool white. I'll definitely look into that. Thanks,

Tim

P.S. I've seen that you have been pumping out some amazing looking lures in your gallery. Are you sure your not the one doing the NFL Harley??? Keep up the hard work.:yay: