walleye4

Powder Painting Problems ??????

I am having problems with getting nipples on jigs when I cure them. Can someone please help me? I am using a Fluid Bed, am I not fluffing the paint enough? After heating the jig, I dip it in the paint pretty quick. I am starting to get to much waste and would greatly appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,

If you are using a fluid bed there really isn't any need to fluff the paint. I would imagine that the jig isn't hot enough and it's picking up too much paint. How are you heating the jig? I use a heat gun and after I dip in the fluid bed then I move it back to the heat gun to even it out. I'm not really an expert though, I just started powder painting a few months ago.

Also I would try moving this post to the wire baits section. This is where all the powder painting experts are. Also pm cadman and ask for his powder painting tutorial. There's alot of good info there.

Try only heating the head until it will pick up just a bit of paint and still have a dull finish.

Then bake it. Since I started using my toaster oven to heat the heads I can do several at a time and keep them all dull looking before baking. After several hundred heads of various types and sizes, I have had no extra paint show up on any jig.