LEOLURES

high density foam or injection molding???

Hi, I am new to this website but have made cedar fishing lures for about 16 years or so. I am thinking about making a lure out of either high density foam or maybe having it injection molded. I thought I could maybe make it out of high density foam myself but I really don't know anything about making the molds and not sure exactly which foam to use. i have read several posts you guys have on this but I am really up in the air on this. I have seen several larger musky lures like Legends and Hookers that are made out of some type of foam but am not sure what type that is. I am mainly looking for something strong but also boyant since it will be topwater. The lure I am wanting to make is two piece and about 3" long. I made this lure out of cedar for several years about 8 years ago. Can anyone help me out on what type of foam I should look at and what mold making material I should use? Thanks for your help.

Hi, I am new to this website but have made cedar fishing lures for about 16 years or so. I am thinking about making a lure out of either high density foam or maybe having it injection molded. I thought I could maybe make it out of high density foam myself but I really don't know anything about making the molds and not sure exactly which foam to use. i have read several posts you guys have on this but I am really up in the air on this. I have seen several larger musky lures like Legends and Hookers that are made out of some type of foam but am not sure what type that is. I am mainly looking for something strong but also boyant since it will be topwater. The lure I am wanting to make is two piece and about 3" long. I made this lure out of cedar for several years about 8 years ago. Can anyone help me out on what type of foam I should look at and what mold making material I should use? Thanks for your help.

Try Urethane Resin. Many of the guys here use Alumilite with Micro Balloons. I've had good results with the Dascar product. Search the Forum for tons of onfo.

You'll need to have RTV silicone molds. PM anyt questions you may have after you read the stuff here already.