RayburnGuy

question about my airbrush

It's not the compressor or not having enough pressure. I can let up on the trigger just a little and the pressure comes right back. I can then press down firmly on the trigger again and the pressure drops. I can continue doing this with the same results so I don't think it's the compressor. I've also watched the gauge at the regulator while it's doing this and there is no fluctuation.

Hmmmmm.....Thats a good one that I have not run into.....but the way your discribing it, i'd say you might have some type of problem with the air valve in the airbrush possibly......I've had some weird issues with those things at times.....normally a good flushing with some solvents and then a couple of drops of airbrush lube will make it work right again.

How old is that airbrush....do you know?......Has it ever been soaked in solvents before?

I finally thought about contacting Paasche since the airbrush is only three weeks old. duhhhhhhhh I'm a little slow sometimes. Buckeyedave and KingFisher were on the right track. Here is the response I got back from Paasche. Hopefully it might help somebody else farther down the line. thanks guys

"Check the air valve nut and see if you can screw it in further. If it is out too far the plunger ends up blocking you air passage when fully depressed"

I finally thought about contacting Paasche since the airbrush is only three weeks old. duhhhhhhhh I'm a little slow sometimes. Buckeyedave and KingFisher were on the right track. Here is the response I got back from Paasche. Hopefully it might help somebody else farther down the line. thanks guys

"Check the air valve nut and see if you can screw it in further. If it is out too far the plunger ends up blocking you air passage when fully depressed"

That would do it.....glad they had an answer....did that fix it?

I think so KingFisher. When I first adjusted the nut it stopped the pressure problem I was having. I didn't spray paint until later though. Then I realized I had another problem. The paint flowed whenever you pushed down on the trigger. You didn't have to pull back on it to start spraying. I then took the valve assembly completely apart to make sure it wasn't dirty or that the o-ring wasn't damaged. Everything looked fine so I put it all back together. I was then experiencing the original problem again. I then started tightening the nut a little at a time and at the moment everything seems to be working. Paasche is supposed to be sending me some parts so we will see.

RayburnGuy