A-Mac

countersink eye sockets

Messing around and found a cool way to countersink eyes. You can make eye sockets using a screw/ nail (whatever is available), pliers, and a lighter. Pick out a nail with a head that is slightly larger than your eyes in diameter. Clamp the screw with the pliers heat it up with the lighter for about 15 seconds and basically brand the lure with the screw. I've found this works well with pvc decking. The nice thing is that both of your eye sockets are identical in size. You will have to do a little touching up with an exacto knife, but its a clean quick process and way easier than trying to carve a perfect circle into the bait (let alone just draw a perfect circle on a round lure!). The hard part is making sure your eye sockets are symetrical... not that most fisherman would catch that if they are slightly off... its just part of lure making to me. If someone has a better way I'm all ears too.

that sounds like a great idea for the pvc decking lures. I use a forester bit for my lures. The way I get my eyes to be symmetrical is that I drill a hole directly through the lure where i want to eye to be. Now you just use that as a pilot hole and your good!

Thanks for the tip though:worship:

Jacob