pikeman

Melted glue as a filler

To be more specific :)

Hot_Melt_Glue_Gun_220V_608_363B.jpg

50543703.jpg

I kinda like what wikipedia has to say about it

Hot melt adhesive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"For example, a wood joint properly made with hide glue may be invisible, marked only by a difference in grain at the seam line."

"Surprisingly hot-melt glue can be used to assemble and repair foam models as an alternative to foam safe Cyano or UHU POR adhesive. Due to the insulating properties of the foam the hot-melt glue stays sticky for much longer than when used on wood, metal or plastics."

Think I'll give it a shot, yes I know , it consumes energy and it's dangerous cause it may burn your skin, but after using acetone, laquer thinner, super glue, pouring lead, inhaling wood particles etc., etc. this doesn't look so dangerous after all :D

P.S. never heard of animal glue but the glue stick are not made from that crap

Edited by pikeman

Never used hot glue for lures , only for fixing rod rings on telescopic rods , ........but due to its consistency in a cured condition I'd be concerned about proper paint adhesion .

Somewhat too soft and flexible for it in my opinion :??

Just my :twocents: !

good luck:yay: , diemai

I was looking for a clear fast drying glue for my weedguards in my lead jigs. Epoxy takes too long to set up and dry, gel super glue was my go to and it still is so far. I tried the clear hot melt glue. It holds the weedguards really well after it dries. Then I put the jig in a glass of water for a day, and I started to pull the weedguard strands out . Not a good solution for me. I can't use that for jigs.:boo: