rlcam

Airbrush practice...finally

Got a few questions for yall.I just got to start using my airbrush,not enough to show anything yet.This is going to be wayyyyy harder than my rattle cans:eek:(as if I didn't know it).Right now I have a single action Paash with two jars for paint.I know most of you use multiple guns for different colors,but I just have one for now.Can I get several bottles and keep different colors in each one,if so how do I keep them from drying out.Mine will set alot longer than most.Also how do I handel keeping them for the winter,as of now my shop is not insulated and not heated all the time.Someone said I might could keep them in a cooler,and that would'nt let it freeze.I also have to find a place for my rattle cans,last year I put them in a cotainer and put them in the house.We don't have severe winters here in N.Alabama but it does get pretty chilly.I am going to have to do a lot of post searching to get this airbrush thing down.I do have a small fridge but it usually has a few beverages in it.I know a friend of mine builds cabinets and he keeps his stains in an old refrigerator and it works good....Rob

You can buy extra jars and solid jar tops, offered as accessories by the manufacturer and by other companies. I'd check the Paasche website and art sites like Dixie Art, . As long as the paint does not freeze, no problem. I keep mine in a plastic tote box stored in a cabinet in the garage and our winters are a little colder than yours. If we get really cold, down in the teens, I bring the box inside.

As far as drying out, that's why I prefer to keep paint in the original bottle. Storing it in the airbrush bottle, any dried particles can make their way to the tip and clog it. BTW, I think you're wrong about multiple brushes - most of us hobby guys use a single airbrush, cleaning it between colors.

Edited by BobP