BC_CARVER

Iwata Silver Jet

BC Carver; I would pass on it. I'm the proud owner of a smart jet, it has about double the CFM of the Silver model and works well with my 0.2 mm tipped Iwata HP-B. It doesn't work with my larger brush. Love the quiet, paid a fortune, therefore mine is great! (rationalization). When you find a quiet small unit that produces 1-2 CFM at 30 psi, please post a note on the unit. My other compressor is low end craftsman that works well with larger brushes; noisy!!

You can find old Paasche units on ebay with 1/4 HP, however, the cfm doesn't correlate with motor power.

ken

BC Carver; I would pass on it. I'm the proud owner of a smart jet, it has about double the CFM of the Silver model and works well with my 0.2 mm tipped Iwata HP-B. It doesn't work with my larger brush. Love the quiet, paid a fortune, therefore mine is great! (rationalization). When you find a quiet small unit that produces 1-2 CFM at 30 psi, please post a note on the unit. My other compressor is low end craftsman that works well with larger brushes; noisy!!

You can find old Paasche units on ebay with 1/4 HP, however, the cfm doesn't correlate with motor power.

ken

Thanks for the information Ken....I will keep searching.