madbass

Optional Epoxy Topcoat

I think this was brought up last year, but I can't find it. Has anyone tried Power Poxy Pro 30 min. epoxy? It sounds like it's the same as Devcon but I'm not sure about it.

Yes, I have been trying Power Poxy Pro in place of D2T. It seems to work really nice so far. It doesn't seem to yellow and seems to flow a little better than D2T. One thing I have noticed is that it takes a little longer to completely dry, but has a nice solid coat when it does. I tested it all last season on a musky bait and it held up to the abuse quite well. All I can say is give it a try and see what you think. The nice thing is that you can buy the pounder size for relatively low cost. Also, if you can't find Power Poxy Pro, look for the Do-It-Best 30 min epoxy, it is the same thing, made by the same company.

Good Luck

Yes, I have been trying Power Poxy Pro in place of D2T. It seems to work really nice so far. It doesn't seem to yellow and seems to flow a little better than D2T. One thing I have noticed is that it takes a little longer to completely dry, but has a nice solid coat when it does. I tested it all last season on a musky bait and it held up to the abuse quite well. All I can say is give it a try and see what you think. The nice thing is that you can buy the pounder size for relatively low cost. Also, if you can't find Power Poxy Pro, look for the Do-It-Best 30 min epoxy, it is the same thing, made by the same company.

Good Luck

was looking back at old posts and found this, but I can't seem to find either of these epoxies. If you are still using it can you pls tell me where to get it?

thanks

was looking back at old posts and found this, but I can't seem to find either of these epoxies. If you are still using it can you pls tell me where to get it?

thanks

Yes, I am still using it. I was buying it at Menards, then Farm and Fleet, but they both quit carrying it. The last batch I bought online through an ebay listing. Try searching for Do-It-Best Epoxy on Amazon.com or find your nearest Do-It-Best Hardware store. Also, they have a website (http://www.powerpoxy.com) with a phone number where you can buy direct, but I was able to find it online cheaper than buying direct.

Also, i am pretty sure that this stuff is not made by Devcon. I think I asked them when I initially called them and they said that they are a completely different company.

I still love this stuff......give it a try, if you can find it, I am sure you will love it too.

Cheaptrix

Yes, I am still using it. I was buying it at Menards, then Farm and Fleet, but they both quit carrying it. The last batch I bought online through an ebay listing. Try searching for Do-It-Best Epoxy on Amazon.com or find your nearest Do-It-Best Hardware store. Also, they have a website (http://www.powerpoxy.com) with a phone number where you can buy direct, but I was able to find it online cheaper than buying direct.

Also, i am pretty sure that this stuff is not made by Devcon. I think I asked them when I initially called them and they said that they are a completely different company.

I still love this stuff......give it a try, if you can find it, I am sure you will love it too.

Cheaptrix

thank you sir for the information, I will try it