MikePaintsBaits

Drilling Holes For Lure Eyes

Hey Guys , I just finished painting (2) Shad Raps , craw patterns, I drilled the painted eyes out & added small raised craw eyes , due to the baits being small , will drilling the holes & raised eyes effect the baits balance and/or running true? I cant test them out , Has too much snow & Lake has lots of ice cubes in it.

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

post-21826-12631040322_thumb.jpg

Mike,

Really nice job. Those eyes look great. I think they'll add to the "hydralic profile" of the lure as it moves through the water.

Delta Man,

That's a great idea to use the round headed pins for eyes.

I was wondering how to add eyes to a craw crank. I bet you could leave the pin sticking out a little, and get the "eye on a stalk" effect.

Cool

Mike,

Really nice job. Those eyes look great. I think they'll add to the "hydralic profile" of the lure as it moves through the water.

Delta Man,

That's a great idea to use the round headed pins for eyes.

I was wondering how to add eyes to a craw crank. I bet you could leave the pin sticking out a little, and get the "eye on a stalk" effect.

Cool

That was what i did and it worked great. I left about a half of an inch on them to make sure it really stuck in there.