DeltaMan

Another One....

Ok so i know that you've probably heard and listened to every possible combination of questions about mold making but one thing that i haven't seen talked about is how long a silicone mold will last in terms of how many lures that you can get out of it using resin intended for that specific type of silicone.

I have TAP plastics resin( polyurethane) and rtv silicone from alumilite (HSIII). so my question how many lures will i get out of my silicone mold. I am making a one piece mold with three different pieces in it. its a swimbait. Also, what is the best company to buy silicone from or the cheapest.

It's subjective,

Many factors will increase/decrease mold life.

To get the most mileage from your molds, use them quickly as they do have a library life after curing, use a compatible mold release regardless, avoid heavy textured baits and avoid undercuts in the mold.

A thicker mold will last longer over time, as for cost, I've yet to find a mentionable source, most are relatively the same in cost other than the type of cure. Tin cure silicone is more economical than platinum cure.

Good luck.

It's subjective,

Many factors will increase/decrease mold life.

To get the most mileage from your molds, use them quickly as they do have a library life after curing, use a compatible mold release regardless, avoid heavy textured baits and avoid undercuts in the mold.

A thicker mold will last longer over time, as for cost, I've yet to find a mentionable source, most are relatively the same in cost other than the type of cure. Tin cure silicone is more economical than platinum cure.

Good luck.

Gracias Senor. i apreciate the response cause i was worried that i would only get like ten lures out of my mold. cause i have never made a silicone mold and the stuff is really expensive. Was worried about money and how often i would have to make a new mold so at least now i have come away from this wiht a little more knowledge.