RayburnGuy

Evaluation Of Purchased Compressor

Some time ago I was seeking advice about compressors and someone asked me to give an update on whichever compressor ended up being purchased so here it is. I ended up buying an Eaton EC3000. It is an oiled compressor which called for installing a particulate filter and as I knew this going in it was not a problem. An inline filter can be found for 5 or 6 bucks at Harbor Freight. The oiled compressors are supposed to last much longer as well which was also a selling point for me. This compressor also has a full 5 year warranty. The longest warranty I could find in other compressors I looked at were 2 years. It has a solid cast iron cylinder head which is supposed to last longer and do away with cylinder warping as opposed to aluminum heads with cast iron sleeves. The unit weighs in at 60 lbs. and is thus easily moved. I can't recall the rated output at the moment, but with an open ended 1/8" air hose attached it will maintain 60 lbs. pressure. It builds up to 115 psi max. and has enough output to serve multiple duties. I initially had several problems with the compressor, but the folks at Eaton jumped through hoops getting the problem resolved. I have now been using the compressor for around 2 months and couldn't be happier with it and it has been a long time since I have dealt with a company who worked so hard to make sure I was happy with their product. When contacting their company by email I didn't have to wait days or even hours for a response. I would definitely recommend this compressor to anyone looking to purchase a new one. The link below should take you to the page the compressor is on. They also sell them on Ebay and the price is the same as that listed on the manufacturers site. If for any reason the link doesn't work or you have questions then just message me.

Ben

http://www.eatoncompressor.com/catalog/item/733537/450646.htm

Ben; I assume it was made in USA(?). Did you say what HP and how would you describe noise level. I use primarily an Iwata small compressor for detail work and only roll out the noisy unit when using larger brushes. Seems like a compressor would need about 2 cfm minimum to push paint through a 0.5mm brush effectively(?).

5 year guarantee; wow!

Ken

Ben; I assume it was made in USA(?). Did you say what HP and how would you describe noise level. I use primarily an Iwata small compressor for detail work and only roll out the noisy unit when using larger brushes. Seems like a compressor would need about 2 cfm minimum to push paint through a 0.5mm brush effectively(?).

5 year guarantee; wow!

Ken

Hey Ken. The compressor is made in Ohio and Eaton has been in business for over 30 years. It has a 2.5 HP electric motor. The noise level is comparable to most units of this type. Such as the pancake style units you can purchase at home improvement centers. It's not one that you'd want running in the house while your family is trying to sleep. Since I live alone this is not a problem for me. I set the compressor outside my back door while painting, and since it has a fairly rapid pressure build up and a large enough reservoir, it isn't running constantly. If noise is a major concern then this probably isn't the compressor for you. I was looking for a quality compressor that would meet my needs and didn't break the bank. Comparable units I looked at were well over $200 and had a 2 year warranty at best. For the price and the 5 year warranty, I'm pretty satisfied.

Ben

Edited by RayburnGuy