crotalus

Resin Bubbles

Before the suggestions are you using Micro baloons or just resin and what resin are you using and how long is the pot life? There are many ways but there many variables. Frank

Microballoons, yes, the resin is very similar to the smoothcast 300. typical casting resin. The pot life is about 3 minutes with a 10 minute demold time.

Microballoons, yes, the resin is very similar to the smoothcast 300. typical casting resin. The pot life is about 3 minutes with a 10 minute demold time.

OK that makes my answer more acurate. With that amount of pot life it does not leave you much time. So try this mix the MB in the thinner resin part usually the yellow one. Then let it set for awhile to let the air rise. This may take a while but it is not mixed yet so it does not matter. When it settles pour it into the other part and mix with a flat type stick and never lift it off the bottom of the cup keep it in contact so more air is not introduced. Now it is ready to pour. I use a one piece mold so I open it up and pour so the micro bubbles are floating and then let goe, so it forces the micro bubbles out the top. If you have a two piece mold I guess this wont work but your pour holes need to be of pretty good size to release these bubbles so you might have to adapt a differant method. This way has reduced my bubbles in the cast part by at least 80%. Hope it works for you.mold pics 013.JPG mold pics 017.JPG

mold pics 013.JPG

mold pics 017.JPG

mold pics 013.JPG

mold pics 017.JPG

mold pics 013.JPG

mold pics 017.JPG

mold pics 013.JPG

mold pics 017.JPG

mold pics 013.JPG

mold pics 017.JPG

mold pics 013.JPG

mold pics 017.JPG