rookieswimbaiter

Need Elp Making Hard Swimbaits

okay so i have ideas or body designs for my swimbait that will be made of wood probobly will have 2-4 joints but wait! how do i get the wood to sink? how do i get it to swim right side up? and how do i make the joint conections? i was thinking of 2 eye screws on one joint then another 2 on the joint were they will conect open one of the set of eye screws on a joint and place it in the other joint eye screw sets so it atatches were the yey screws will loop into eachother to make joints... what do you guys think? like all of you guys here i love making DIY crap to use for fishing or hunting and the satisfaction you get from using it is SAWEET!

okay so i have ideas or body designs for my swimbait that will be made of wood probobly will have 2-4 joints but wait! how do i get the wood to sink? how do i get it to swim right side up? and how do i make the joint conections? i was thinking of 2 eye screws on one joint then another 2 on the joint were they will conect open one of the set of eye screws on a joint and place it in the other joint eye screw sets so it atatches were the yey screws will loop into eachother to make joints... what do you guys think? like all of you guys here i love making DIY crap to use for fishing or hunting and the satisfaction you get from using it is SAWEET!

From my limited experience with 'swim baits' weighting them is critical and I think the heavier the wood the better (less ballast). To ballast them it should be even along the whole lure and as low as possible and close to the leading hinge is preferable- It's a steep learning curve compared to plugs, so be prepared for some failures- do a search , there is a heap of posts on 'how too's' for 'Swim Baits'. pete

Edited by hazmail