wtfooptimax200

How Many Coats Of Devcon?

Just out of curiosity, how many coats of Devcon does everyone use? I have only painted a handful of baits, but typically apply only one coat. Also, what is the consensus on how long to wait to apply the second coat?

I am still a rookie, but I use one coat of Devcon to seal the bait, paint, and then one more coat of devcon. This works on medium to large bass lures.

I never use more than one coat on bass baits. It's thick stuff! But you can re coat anytime after the first coat begins to harden. I'd wait at least 3 hours just so there's no chance that brushing the next coat will push around the first. Each coat cures based on its hardener/resin chemical reaction. The only time I re coat is when I missed a spot or the first coat did not cure hard. A second coat will cure either problem should it occur.

I never use more than one coat on bass baits. It's thick stuff! But you can re coat anytime after the first coat begins to harden. I'd wait at least 3 hours just so there's no chance that brushing the next coat will push around the first. Each coat cures based on its hardener/resin chemical reaction. The only time I re coat is when I missed a spot or the first coat did not cure hard. A second coat will cure either problem should it occur.

thanks Bobp, you answered a question that I had...