kellure

airbrush problem ?

Am having a problem with paint bubbling and spitting out the vent hole of the jar lid. Have cleaned and re-cleaned, disassembled, replaced needles, replaced jar & siphon, scoped the head and tip for any damage, none visible (tried F, M and L) and its continues to spit paint out. Only tink I can think of is an air leak somewhere. Any thougts or experiences, BTW, Badger 150 unit. Thanks!

I agree with the Count. The O-Rings are usually the Culprit... ALSO the amount that you have the tips tightened but the O-rings are the least expensive. Also 1 thing to consider is a Water Trap to stop any water that would go through the line to the brush. Next Badger also has a Bees Wax product that they reccommend to put on in between the Brush and the tips. IMHO is like a gasket sealer... I guess. Take a look at your manual from the 150 it explains the process in detail. But those are the USUAL Suspects. Cody

Badger 150 was my first airbrush and gave me fits for the first year I owned it...too touchy for beginner airbrush artist in my estimation...switched to an Iwata, and I'll never use anything else now...My first Iwata had a small gravity feed cup, and the new one has a larger cup to hold more pigment...which really isn't necessary in your case, but I'm not only using my airbrush to put finishes on some of my baits, but I'm also a fine artist working on larg airbrushed pieces for gallery and museum competitions.

The Iwata comes with a dual tip setup...without changing the psi on my compressor, with both tips attached, I can spray from 1/8" to approximately 3"; by removing the primary nozzle, I can spray from 1/50" to 1/4"; and by removing the secondary nozzle, I can spatter and change the size of the spatter by regulating how much pigment I allow to flow through the brush (dual action brush).

Side note: I'm also sold on the Badger Silent II compressors...you can whisper to someone in the room and still be understood while the compressor is running...I had my first one for around 12 years, and bought the second one 4 years ago. The other method I like to employ is using bottled mixture...nitrogen and O2 mix, but then you have to own a bottle, which isn't always a lot of fun, especially when it's time to get it refilled...besides the regulators for bottles are more expensive, but then, you don't need a moisture trap on the bottled air mixture.