champlainbaits

Drying Racks / Wheels

A loooooong time ago I used info. I got from this site to build my first drying wheel/rack. I still use it today...infact I just used it tonight :) I thought I would mention that it's a card board box that supports a rotisserie that I bought at k-mart. I think the entire thing cost $18.00. If anyone wants more detail let me know. But I'm also curious what other folks are using?

Oh, and I changed my business name to Champlain Bait Co. We moved our shop to Burlington VT. This past summer.

Thanks everyone for all the awesome info.

Oh one more thing...Dicknite every getting his clear coat back? I really miss it.

drying.jpg

drying.jpg

drying.jpg

drying.jpg

drying.jpg

drying.jpg

drying.jpg

drying.jpg

post-12108-126810642773_thumb.jpg

A loooooong time ago I used info. I got from this site to build my first drying wheel/rack. I still use it today...infact I just used it tonight :) I thought I would mention that it's a card board box that supports a rotisserie that I bought at k-mart. I think the entire thing cost $18.00. If anyone wants more detail let me know. But I'm also curious what other folks are using?

Oh, and I changed my business name to Champlain Bait Co. We moved our shop to Burlington VT. This past summer.

Thanks everyone for all the awesome info.

Oh one more thing...Dicknite every getting his clear coat back? I really miss it.

Great thread for some of us newbies looking to build one for ourselves, I'd love to see what everybody is doing B)

It is very easy to expand your rig to hold more lures too, simply by building a wooden spider and stabbing it dead center with your rotisserie shaft. Buy or make a wood disc or two, and add equally spaced, equal length "legs" made from small dowels to the sides of the disc. Mine looks like quick attempt to build a little Ferris Wheel from Tinker-toys, or maybe a primitive wood spoked motorcycle wheel without a rim. I've put alligator clips on the ends of the dowels, to which I can attach, either spring clips with plastic jaws to hold crankbaits by the lip, or, hemostats to hold lures by a screw eye or hook-hanger.

You can buy everything to put one together at a craft shop like Michael's, and at a hardware or home store for spring clips and some pieces of wood to build a simple stand for your new drying wheel. Mine holds eight hemostats or 16 crankbaits by the diving lip, and has been doing so for a few years now. I could very easily double its capacity, too.