BigFoot

Quick Question Please

Well, I am new here, obviously. I have been doing research the last year on lure making and finally decided to give it a whirl. Now I know a lot of us don't like Wal-Mart but I was at one and saw the Cotton Cordelle's on sell for 2 dollars and bought 6 of these crankbaits, 2 of each color, and they have great action and I have been catching bass left and right on them. For some reason, if nothing else works, they do. Well I was going to go stock up on somemore and my friend wanted a few and lord and behold, they were sold out and not getting anymore in. Well the pond I fish I found one washed up on the bank, not mine but noone was around so I cleaned it up and I want to make a mold of it and paint it different colors then those 3 that it came in. Now my question is how do you mold hollow body crank baits? I have seen the video of the older guy, Larry Dahlberg, on the whopper plopper videos he used something where he called it a skin I guess, but I have no idea what I would do or use to make hollow cranks so I could add rattles and such. Just need some help, if anyone could help that would be grand. Thanks!

Considering the low sale price, unless the manufacturer has discontinued the product, you can save yourself a lot of trouble by going online and looking for another source. By the time you get set up to make your own, those $2 lures are going to end up costing you ten times what you paid at Walmart. Even if they've been discontinued, I'll guarantee that somebody, somewhere, is peddling knock-offs if the lures were any good to start with.