muskyguy520

Pvc

Am I looking at the right stuff? The PVC that Home Depot sells comes in very long lengths. It is white and around 12.00-18.00 dollars. Thank you.

The stuff I use is AZEK decking. I buy it in 20' lengths, and it costs $80+-. I can make a ton of lures from one length.

I don't know what Home Depot sells, but, if it's buoyant, it should work. Stay away from Trex. It sinks like a rock.

The stuff I use is AZEK decking. I buy it in 20' lengths, and it costs $80+-. I can make a ton of lures from one length.

I don't know what Home Depot sells, but, if it's buoyant, it should work. Stay away from Trex. It sinks like a rock.

The material at Home Depot is white and looks like a brick molding, it can be bought in 8 foot lengths and is around 12 to 15 dollars, and you can make a bunch out it.

thats the stuff. it has a hard outer skin ( about 1/64" ) that you need to cut or sand off

Today I bought something like that. It's white and it has hard outer shell. Lady at the store said it's PVC foam. It's hard and light, but the white stuff has some "bubbles" in it. Like 16LB foam has when you cut or sand it. Only smaller. I'll try it today when I get home, but I can allready tell that it will be impossible to get totally smooth finish just by sanding it. Is this the stuff you guys use? And if it is, how do you get smooth finish? I'm thinking some very dense primer to fill all the holes. They're not big, not even 1 mm, but they are there.

Zoran

@ ZOLJA - I have a product like that PVC... Dont know what it is and it is cut into 4'' long by 1'' wide blocks. A buddy just gave me a bunch of them. Anyways to get the little bubles out I just seal them with proportionate. thinned Devcon will work too

@ MARKLEY34 - Its always smart to wear a mask as it is a plastic and that dust could be harmful.

Today I bought something like that. It's white and it has hard outer shell. Lady at the store said it's PVC foam. It's hard and light, but the white stuff has some "bubbles" in it. Like 16LB foam has when you cut or sand it. Only smaller. I'll try it today when I get home, but I can allready tell that it will be impossible to get totally smooth finish just by sanding it. Is this the stuff you guys use? And if it is, how do you get smooth finish? I'm thinking some very dense primer to fill all the holes. They're not big, not even 1 mm, but they are there.

Zoran

i don't think that is the right stuff. i rarely find any voids in the pvc ( cellular vinyl pvc ) i use and never " bubbles". also it is not light. a 1" x 6" x 8' board is probably heavier than a poplar board of the same size. also it is not the pvc decking.

Lowe's and Home Depot here sell it. try a building supply store and ask for pvc millwork. it comes in dimensional sizes and brick molding shapes.

Thank you for replys, but I was jumping the gun. I thought there were gonna be problems, but stuff sands very smooth. I love it. Very bouyant, made a 3 piece pike swimbait and with no need for priming and sealing, I had it from scratch to test swiming in under 3 hours. My first one, it swims preaty good. This is what I was looking for. Here is a pic, not very good, made it with my phone this morning.

Zoran

Image047.jpg

Image047.jpg

Image047.jpg

Image047.jpg

Image047.jpg

Image047.jpg

Image047.jpg

Image047.jpg

post-17785-127140298517_thumb.jpg

@ Zolja

That's one of the big advantages of the stuff , ........carves and sands like a dream and you can even test the blanks instantly with the wireforms just temporary stuck into their fittings , not even glued in !

After the swimtest I'd just dry the blank with some kitchen tissue paper and a few careful passes of a lighter flame , ....done for glueing in all parts

My own PVC , that I've received from a guy here in Germany , contains a few tiny bubbles up to 1 mm dia. as well , .....but very few , most likely these close when priming and painting the lure blanks !

good luck , diemai :yay: