diemai

A Little Spoonmaking Video

Hi , folks ,

Had some time to spare this afternoon so I've tried to make a little video out of a couple of pictures , that I had taken some time ago whilst making a bunch of my "DinnerBell" spoons .

First time I ever did such , and apart from two sequences it turned out quite well with my old computer !

Only pity , that "YouTube" did not accept my original audio track , that I had transfered from a CD into my computer files , so I had to choose a licensed audio track from "YouTube" , .........quite annoying !

Anyway , hope , that you'd still enjoy watching , ....any criticism and comments welcome !

greetz , diemai :yay:

Thanks a lot for your kind words , folks , ...........much appreciated :worship: !

Actually I've started out my luremaking carreer about 20 years ago with building metal lures , spoons and inline spinners alike , .......got to wooden hardbaits years later .

I work in the metal industry , thus having occasional access to industrial grade power tools , that make the shaping of the lure blanks much easier , though with a bigger effort and some elbow grease I could do it at home as well .

Only stainless steel is a very tough material to work with just with hand tools , .......and hobby power tools are most likely not powerful enough for the stuff , ........but it still does work , though requiring a lot of passion for the finished product to ignore sweat and blisters on the hands :lol::lol: .

Anyway , I have made another bath tub video this morning displaying the swimming action of my "DinnerBell" spoons .

The clicking sound emitted by them is difficult to be heard on video , ........guess , that it is a microfone issue , since standing at the bath tub it is much clearer to be heard !

Anyway , if you listen closely , at 1:06 to 1:16 of the video you can clearly identify that sound generated by the metal beads of the rear harness of these spoons .

Please check

Thanks again :worship: , .........greetz , Dieter :yay:

Edited by diemai

Thanks a lot , folks , .........actually I've just made six new ones to replace the losses of last season , ........I had lost a few of my annealed steel and tarnished plain copper spoons , as these dark colors were hot in 2009's unusual clear water .

@ atrophius

I have thought about having the design protected , as it is 100% my own , but there is this little imperfection of the "D"-limiter occassionally fouling with the hook !

To overcome this problem one would need a different metal part to lock the harness , and this would have to be factory made , as it is too tiny to be handmade .

The spoon seemingly can't be made in larger sizes ,......... I have made a few models in two larger sizes , but these would not swim as lively as this initial smallest version does , probably I should not have increased the sheet thickness and bead sizesas well , .......if lighter in weight these larger ones might probably still work well ?

Having a patent granted in Germany would cost a fee of several hundreds or even thousands of Euro's , I had heard somewhere before , ....... which the authority in charge of patents gets from the patent appliers , ............I am thinking , I might as well bet the money on horses , ...........and I never was a gambler to litter the money , that I sweat so much for at Monday thru Friday lateshifts !

I could go trying to contact one of the local big tackle companies to introduce the design to them , sometimes these take over designs of tackle tinkerers into line production ........but as said before , there is this problem about the "D"-limiter...... :huh: !

Apart from that , the local market for fishing tackle is not that large as in the US , ....not by far !

Thanks again , folks , ........greetz , Dieter :yay:

Edited by diemai