tightliner

New Airbrush Purchase Advice Please

Hello all! Was hoping some of the ol' grizzlys in here could help me decide on my next airbrush. I've got my eye on the IWATA REVOLUTION BR, and the Thayer Chandler (badger) Vega 1000. Both cost about the same but I have used neither. They do have the features I am looking for. If any one could offer an opinion or advice that would be great. Thanks. Ed

I can't speak to the Thayer-Chandler but have a Revo BR .3mm and like it very much. It will shoot all airbrush paints I've tried and has the typical Iwata high quality. To me, choice of airbrush gets down to tip size and if you can have only one (ha ha) a .3mm or .35mm tip is the sweet spot.

Another vote for Iwata.

Play around with thinning the thicker paints, like pearls and opaques, if you have trouble spraying them. Use the thinner recommended by the paint manuf. Thinner coats, more coats, no problems. Heat set each coat with a hair dryer on high.

Thanks for the advice guys! Never used a" stream lined" brush before. I've only used my Paasche VL's and Badger Crescendo's for years. Both are fat as cigars . Looking forward to the Iwata. Thanks again, Ed.

Paasche VL and Badger Crescendo? Just happens those are the a/b's I started out with :rolleyes: Sold the VL, kept the Crescendo thinking it may come in handy some day for spraying clearcoat. Hasn't happened yet 'cause I'm dipping Dick Nite, but you never know! In the meantime, I use it for painting my wife's flower pots.

MCDONALDS STRAW

DUCT TAPE

BEER

Put the duct tape in the back of your throat and punch tiny holes in it so you can breath and the paint doesnt run down your throat.. then put the straw in the bottle and suck.... take your bait in one hand and BLOW!!! Walla! You just painted a bait for alot cheaper than a IWATA of what ever....

You will need the Beer after you done...TRUST ME.

IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME ASK JOSE in INDIANA.. HE ACTUALLY DID THIS! and sent me the bait.. It looked purdy darn cool if I dont say so myself.

The Rookie.

P.S. on a side note Jose funeral showing is tommorrow in Layfette,IN.....guess he ran out of duct tape..

Edited by The_Rookie

MCDONALDS STRAW

DUCT TAPE

BEER

Put the duct tape in the back of your throat and punch tiny holes in it so you can breath and the paint doesnt run down your throat.. then put the straw in the bottle and suck.... take your bait in one hand and BLOW!!! Walla! You just painted a bait for alot cheaper than a IWATA of what ever....

You will need the Beer after you done...TRUST ME.

IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME ASK JOSE in INDIANA.. HE ACTUALLY DID THIS! and sent me the bait.. It looked purdy darn cool if I dont say so myself.

The Rookie.

P.S. on a side note Jose funeral showing is tommorrow in Layfette,IN.....guess he ran out of duct tape..

Poor Jose. Just more proof that a man should NEVER run out of duct tape!!:nono: