hinsmt

Jig Collars Rattle Type

I am wanting to make some jigs but am confused on the kind of rattle collar to use. I plan on using a rubber collar that rattles can be attached to and also tying the skirts with wire. My question is what kind of rattle collar should I use? I have seen some with rattle holders on arms and some with rattle holders right next to the collar (looks like Mickey Mouse). A lot of jigs come with the Mickey Mouse type collars but I have found that the rattles tend to mess up the skirt and catch on vegetation. Does anyone have experience with the rattle collars on arms (spider collars)? Any information is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

I don't like the Mickey Mouse style collars because I like to thread my trailer up on the jig hook to make a more compact bait. So I prefer the black rubber "spider collars". They work just as well and probably produce more sound than the Mickey Mouse arrangement. You might get more responses for jig questions on the Wire Baits Forum, btw.

Edited by BobP