CatchemCaro

How Long Doe's A Bait Need To Be On The Rotisary?

I am using a clear coat similar to Invirotex, and I'm wonder how long my baits really need to be turning for. I usually brush my baits and place them on the rotisary in the afternoon or evening. I then shut down the shop and in the morning I stop the rotisary and remove my rack. I then put the rack with the baits still attached in my shop attic as it's very warm up there. The reason I want to know whats the shortest time that they really need to be turning. I do know that my brush gets stiff perty quick, so my thinking would be that the baits probably only need a couple hours maybe 3? Any one know for sure what is the safe rotisary stoping time? I would hate to brush 24 baits and load up my rotisary rack and stop it to soon and have the clear coat run. Any info is great.

Thanks

Rich

I turn slightly thinned Devcon 2T for 3 hrs, Envirotex Lite for 6-8 hrs. It depends on the ambient temperature. There is a point where the epoxy feels pretty stiff but will still sag, so you don't want to rush it. There's nothing worse than finding the epoxy sagged, knowing a little more rotation and 5 cents worth of electricity would have avoided ruining a whole batch of baits. That's a lot of work down the drain. Patience is a virtue and building crankbaits will teach it to you.