Husky

Shiny Basecoat Method.

I stumbled on this method while working on a Shiny finish for my FoTins. Here goes.

Mix some D2T. Cover one finger with the finger from a plastic glove or a plastic bag. In a pinch, you can use plastic wrap to cover the finger. Apply a thin coat of D2T on the lure with your finger tip and immediately apply .008 glitter. When that sets, apply another "finger" coat of D2T to lock it in and give a nice base to paint on. When the 2nd coat sets, you can add whatever finish you want over it. It's quick, easy and gives a great effect. When done painting, Top Coat.

I have been using the "finger method" to apply epoxy coats rather than brushing. It is a great method. Give it a try. I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised.

And that's what I learned at "Hammer Mechanic School" this week.

Edited by Husky

Never thought of applying glitter before paint. Let me make sure I'm understanding you correctly. Your using the glitter/epoxy mix as the sole base coat with no paint before?

Yes. The Glitter will adhere to the Epoxy. Here are some FoTins done that way. No Paint at all, just Glitter. They're much more reflective than the pics show.

DSCF0178.jpg

DSCF0181.jpg

DSCF0177.jpg