CatchemCaro

Air Brush Question

I have a used iwata hp-b air brush, lever moves freely but needle doesn't appear to move... is it an easy fix? I have no idea. Help. I got it used from a old friend who doesn't know any thing about it.

Thanks

Rich

Have you made sure the needle chucking nut is tight...its the nut you can finger tighten through the access hole on the back part of the airbrush. Make sure the needle is pushed all the way up when you tighten it up.

Createx airbrush restorer does a good job of loosening up old, dried paint as well. Even when you get the dried paint loosened up you will still need to give it a thorough cleaning. The nozzle will most likely be the hardest thing to clean as it is the smallest and hardest to get at. Be gentle and be patient and don't force anything into the needle as it can split with too much pressure which will render it useless.

Forward/backward motion of the trigger controls the position of the needle, and paint flow. Up/down motion of the trigger controls air flow. That's why it's called a "dual action airbrush". If you unscrew the rear of the a/b, you see a small knurled nut through which the needle fits. With the nut tightened, the needle is trapped and moves fore/back with the trigger as it should. Trigger movement should be smooth; if not, you probably have paint clogged in the barrel of the a/b. Loosen the retaining nut and try to pull the needle out of the a/b. If it's stuck, soak the brush in cleaner until the clog is loosened, then completely disassemble the brush and soak it at least overnight in a cleaning solution. Once you have a clean HP-B, I think you'll like it.