flyguys

Bought A New One

o i listed that i lost my set scre for my paasche. Weel this was the perfect excuse for my wife to let me get an iwata. So went to the store today and bought it. I am happy with the smoothness but i have to say I have been using a single action till now and having a real hard time controlling paint flow. I keep pulling it all the way back and spray way to much is there a way to change how much come out at the whole way back position or am i just gonna have to learn this now lol. Cant teach an old dog new tricks i guess cause i look like a newbie with this brush lol.

I'm just learning with a master g23 dual action and mine has an adjustment inthe far back to stop me from letting out to much paint. I think all the plus iwata models have this feature other than that some one else may help.

In the Iwatas, the "+" designation, eg, HP-B+, denotes that the brush as a screw stop on the rear of the brush that limits the amount paint being released. The Paasche VL has a similar system. In my experience, the feature is just about useless once you get the hang of using a double action airbrush. A little time on the airbrush and you'll be controlling the paint without thinking. Any new tool takes awhile to get used to.

I am new to airbrushing as well. Things I have learned in the last few weeks:

#1 Keep the air flowing at all times and just slightly pulling back to get desired paint. Press forward again to reduce or stop paint flow while keeping the air flowing.

#2 Water down paint to 50/50 for more control. It seems to come out more smoothly when watered down.

#3 Remember to oil your needle so you don't get dry tip. Dry tip causes the paint to come out in bursts.

#4 Keep the air pressure low (I keep mine around 15 psi)for detailing.

#5 Remove the crown cap for detailed work.

I have the iwata Eclipse HP-BS

I use Createx paints.

-Musky Lip