Mayberry_Customs

Best Lures To Repaint?

For those of you that do a lot of repaints, what is some lures that seem to sell good in custom colors?? I have been painting predator bass bait copys and trying to sell them, but so is everyone else lol...I love predators baits he has good knock offs don't get me wrong, but i was thinking that it would be better to get some popular brand lures too. What do you all think would sell good?

Thanks,

Andy

I would look around your area and ask at some local bait shops to find out which are the "big sellers". Big sellers catch fish and dedicated fishermen are smart enough to buy repaints of them because they know the bait will perform well, above and beyond just looking pretty. A bait that seems to hold its popularity in my region is the Rapala Shad Rap, the wood model in size 7 or the plastic RS in sizes 5 and 7. Various lipless crankbaits also seem to be popular, including Rattletraps and Cordell Super Spots. The whole Rapala DT series of crankbaits is very popular and comes in a limited array of colors, so it's a good candidate.