bassnbrad

Topcoat Drying?

Personally, I do not think it makes any difference. The subject has been discussed before and opinions have been expressed, but I do not recall anyone publishing proof that one method was better than the other. The majority rotate the lure sideways around the long axis, but quite a few members rotate end over end.

Dave

The only difference I could see is if your wheel turns too fast, the centrifugal force on an end over end oriented lure might cause problems with the finish being thrown to the outer end, instead of being evenly distributed.

My wheel uses a 1 rpm BBQ motor, and has a ferris wheel system, so the farther out on the faces of the discs I mount the lures, the faster they go.

But, at only 1 rpm, even with 16" diameter discs, the lures on the outside don't move fast enough to be a problem.

I would suggest you do a test with a scrap of wood, coated with whatever you use as a top coat, and see if there are problems before you put a finished lure on and learn the hard way.