troutgnat

Your Best Paint Choice For Ghost/phantom Colors

I don't do many ghost patterns but my first choice would be 'transparent' Createx colors shot with a fine tipped brush. I like the way transparent Createx can be layered and use it a lot.

If you are shooting on clear plastic lures I really love to use the white pearl createx! I use this color a lot on jerkbaits. I'll normally put down a layer of mesh for a scale pattern, then shoot a fine line of createx opaque white down the back followed by fading the back down the sides with a white pearl. Once you pull the mesh off, its killer... and man does it work! Only thing I add on top of this is a kill spot. Nice thing about this pattern is that you don't have to pull out the fumy paint. However, I suggest at least wearing a paper mask with createx. It might not have quite the list of carcinogens as auto paints, but the pearls do have metal flakes in them! I shot with the sun beaming in through the window one time and the room was sparkling with the flakes floating around. Made sure I had a mask on for any paint ever since.

FYI, I base my ghost pattern off of the husky jerk ghost minnow.

If you are shooting on clear plastic lures I really love to use the white pearl createx! I use this color a lot on jerkbaits. I'll normally put down a layer of mesh for a scale pattern, then shoot a fine line of createx opaque white down the back followed by fading the back down the sides with a white pearl. Once you pull the mesh off, its killer... and man does it work! Only thing I add on top of this is a kill spot. Nice thing about this pattern is that you don't have to pull out the fumy paint. However, I suggest at least wearing a paper mask with createx. It might not have quite the list of carcinogens as auto paints, but the pearls do have metal flakes in them! I shot with the sun beaming in through the window one time and the room was sparkling with the flakes floating around. Made sure I had a mask on for any paint ever since.

FYI, I base my ghost pattern off of the husky jerk ghost minnow.

That paint scheme sounds great.

I am going to try Wildlife Irridescent Violet over that paint scheme, with the scale netting still in place.

It gives a nice purplish glow without overpowering the underlying paint, and it's changes depending on the angle of the light.

Gentlemen,

These are some great ideas, keep them coming!

That paint scheme sounds great.

I am going to try Wildlife Irridescent Violet over that paint scheme, with the scale netting still in place.

It gives a nice purplish glow without overpowering the underlying paint, and it's changes depending on the angle of the light.

There are a number of PearlEx powder colors that can be added to translucent base to create ghost colors. Some of Wasco's wildlife colors are awesome for the effects as well. For dark backs on the translucent baits, the Createx transparents work well also.

You need to decide on some specific color versions and perhaps the choices get narrowed down.

Well CL you asked, so of course my first choices to paint will be the phantom green and phantom brown craw colors of the original wiggle wart!:D

There are a number of PearlEx powder colors that can be added to translucent base to create ghost colors. Some of Wasco's wildlife colors are awesome for the effects as well. For dark backs on the translucent baits, the Createx transparents work well also.

You need to decide on some specific color versions and perhaps the choices get narrowed down.