Dictator Of Painters

How's Business?

I know some of you may not want to share. Mainly just seeing how things are going for those of you that sell your baits and do repaints. Orders should be dieing down the closer we get to winter. I'm thinking of sponsoring a few sites and was interested in how everyone's doing along the lines of selling your baits? Hope all is well.

I find that winter is actually a good time to generate discussion and sales for baits. I mean, the best thing to do when not able to fish is to talk about fishing. The best thing we can do during the off season is market, market, market. I would especially advise to everyone to read the book "Guerilla Marketing," I think it is worth its weight in gold. this goes especially for the small business owner.

IMPORTANT TIP

One thing I have learned to do during the off season is search every bait store within driving distance and stock up on all the clearance items. Once the season starts picking up and all the major players start marketing nationally these clearance items become a hot commodity that can really turn your business a profit.

504BASSMASTER

Edited by 504BASSMASTER

Jan Thru April is the primary season. You get a mini run during the fall months. The summer is completely dead. Compared to a couple years ago it all stinks. But the good painters still move product.

i am noticing a small drop off in sales (spring vs summer).. figured back to school shopping + economy is playing a big part, but the usual customers are still "crankin" out paint jobs for me :D

plus i am new in the overall grand scheme of painting lures... just gotta get the name out there and hopefully not take too many lumps in the process.

on a positive note, a lot of people all over the US have been helpful in suggesting "workable changes or constructive criticism" to some of my lures.. i am learning what colors work well in certain regions and dialing in my colors to match.