dtrs5kprs

airbrush lube?

Heck Dave..... what are you worried about. Your paint jobs are beautiful. Personally though, I think that a perfectly clean gun is the best prescription for perfect paint jobs. If the gun isn't smooth or the flow isn't right..... then something isn't clean enough. Lube for a gun is just adding garbage to a clean gun in my opinion.

Skeeter

Dave I use mineral oil on the trigger assembly and the back 2/3rd's of the needle ( I assume your referring to dual action brushes) per Iwata's instructions. I haven't used their oil but mineral oil is very light and I have never experienced any problems, just keep it away from the head.

Miles

Skeeter, thanks for the positives on the paint jobs. Just seems like my triggers are sticking a bit. Have soaked in createx restorer, brush scrubbed, not much change in function. Seems to happen more when I am shooting colors that are thinned out with extender, esp Auto Air.

???

Dave,

I have had the sticky trigger problem also. That is one frustrating problem. Especially when you discover it when your paint cup is full and you are shooting. My problem was crud around the hinge where the pin and the trigger come together on my Pasche. You couldn't see the crud, but it was there. I took some acetone on a pipe cleaner and ran it around the trigger and the pin hinge. Then I cleaned it all with hot soapy water. Problem gone. You could have a worn part, but I still think something isn't clean.

Skeeter

sound to me like you have a damaged needle...doesn't take much to cause damage to the needle...overly aggressive cleaning can do it.

I've always taken my Iwata completely apart to clean it, and used Rapidograph nib cleaner and Windex to clean it...usually when the trigger seems sticky, it's either because there's a miniscule piece of pigment on the needle, or the needle is bent or worn...I generally keep 2 or 3 extra needles around, they're pretty inexpensive and when you're ready to rock, it takes less time to replace the needle than it does to mess with trying to figure out precisely why your trigger is sticking.

Time is a valuable commodity.