spoonbender

Epoxy Fyi

water resistant not water proof...

Whoops....didn't see the comment about "water resistant" versus "waterproof" in their info....my bad. I contacted them to inquire as to it's compatability with fishing tackle and they indicated it was perfectly suited. Will re-evaluate....Thanks Salty's.

Whoops....didn't see the comment about "water resistant" versus "waterproof" in their info....my bad. I contacted them to inquire as to it's compatability with fishing tackle and they indicated it was perfectly suited. Will re-evaluate....Thanks Salty's.

Well, inquired again and they insisted it's waterproof....here's their reply:

Yes, our color and clear is waterproof, it is 100 % solid, no vocs and is odorless and non toxic

Thank you

Ecopoxy Systems[/font]

Well there's a big difference between waterproof and water resistant.

This epoxy will yellow also. It is uv stable.

Well, inquired again and they insisted it's waterproof....here's their reply:

Yes, our color and clear is waterproof, it is 100 % solid, no vocs and is odorless and non toxic

Thank you

Ecopoxy Systems[/font]

With all due respect, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it. All of us have had failures with DN, Etex and Devcon and yet we all know these are excellent clear coats. The only way we will know if this product is any good is to put it on some wood and see how it goes. I will be testing it soon and report back on my findings.

RM

With all due respect, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it. All of us have had failures with DN, Etex and Devcon and yet we all know these are excellent clear coats. The only way we will know if this product is any good is to put it on some wood and see how it goes. I will be testing it soon and report back on my findings.

RM

Amen. Performance on lures is a lot different than with a cup of hot coffee on a table top.

RM, I can't wait to hear you report.

Got the stuff in the mail today.

I got two bottles that can both fit in the palm of my hand for $20.00!! And, it mixes two parts A to one part B..........not so excited about that. Finally, I can't get one of the bottles open. It's one of those push down and turn caps an it won't come off. Virtually no odor whatsoever from the one bottle I can open.

I will report back soon.

RM