RayburnGuy

Dick Nite Clear Coat

Its funny you say this because yesterday i went to the web site and tried to order some top coat and it wouldn't let me I thought that was odd ,have you ever tried cs lure coating? they make stuff that says strong as epoxy without the smell ,I was even thinking of using por 15 top coat its says gets it harder when exposed to moisture and doesnt yellow but i dont know how compatible it would be with water based paints I'd hate to start puttin it on and have the paint run all together and regular epoxy is just a pain in the ass

I tried the CS Coating clear. It's not very durable as it never seems to get as hard as other clears. Until we hear from Dick I'm using System 3 epoxy. It's a two part like Dt2 but thinner and a much longer working time. It's used as a clear on boats and is similar to Etex. So far so good.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll try to give Dick a call tomorrow and see what's up. Does Dick still have a link here at TU for placing orders? If so I can't seem to find it.

Ben

Ben,

Is this the link you are looking for? I've used this one in the past and it seemed to be working fine when I just pulled it up. However, I believe as a TU member you must still email your order (or via the "Place Secure Order" link on the web page) to get the discount. I hope this helps.

Ken

http://www.dicknite.com/TU_Lander.htm

Ben,

Is this the link you are looking for? I've used this one in the past and it seemed to be working fine when I just pulled it up. However, I believe as a TU member you must still email your order (or via the "Place Secure Order" link on the web page) to get the discount. I hope this helps.

Ken

http://www.dicknite.com/TU_Lander.htm

That's it Ken. Thanks a bunch. I used to have the link bookmarked until my computers hard drive crashed a while back.

thanks again,

Ben

I'm Baaaaack!

Okay guys - the long awaited moment has arrived... And I need to first thing, most importantly of all, thank you all for your patience and assistance. TackleUndergrounders are AWESOME!

I have the old, and two new, top-coats ready to ship! I will put ordering info at the bottom of this message in case the banner doesn't show up while you are reading this.

The Top Coats:

Part #: S81

Description: Moisture Cure Urethane (some will call this the "old" Dick Nite Top Coat) This is exactly like the "old" formula except that I have now licensed the manufacture out to a larger company that has no problem ordering the quantities of the components that the chemical companies didn't want to bother with my small amounts.

The "new" Moisture Cure Top Coat (MCTC) is slightly more glossy and slightly more durable than the old formulation, but those are both good things.

Part #: S82 Water Reducible

Description: This is the Water Reducible Top Coat that I had a lot of you folks from TU test and evaluate. Many of you liked it, a few didn't, and several have emailed asking when it would be available. I had a packaging problem with it, because if it comes into contact with iron or steel (Metal Paint Cans) it will turn pink. It still works well, but the discoloration in the can could cause concern for folks painting works of art like you all make! It is now available in plastic pints and quarts as well as the glass 2 ounce jars.

The Water Reducible Top Coat (WRTC) has less storage issues than the MCTU, as opening the container does not begin the curing process. Tests indicate that the hardness after 12 - 14 days is complete, which is several days longer than the MCTU, but if you don't plan on instant fishing, or are able for whatever reason to deal with the longer cure-time, this probably won't be a problem.

Part #: S83 Liquid Plastic

Description: This is a High Build Polymer that I have dubbed "Liquid Plastic" Top Coat (LPTC). It has an odor similar to those balloons that we as kids used to get in a tube and squirt out onto the end of a straw, then blow up. It was formulated for coating styrofoam and wood tackle both prior to and after painting. Would be an excellent pre-paint finish for making a smooth surface. Overall durability as a top-coat has not been tested, so your mileage may vary from others experience. Also, adhesion to different paints has not been fully tested. Will have to hear back from some of you on that.

All of these, the #S81 MCTC, the #S82 WRTC, and the #S83 LPTC are priced the same.

Pricing: (Before anyone yells at me, I have not had a chance to change the TU Lander page on the web, so it might be incorrect...)

2 Ounce: $8.28

Pint: $23.08

Quart: $41.93

Gallon: $153.62

These prices are now in effect and do not include shipping, which will be by UPS ONLY. We can't ship through the mail or FedEx or by my brother-in-law's truck, ONLY UPS. (Was that clear enough? <grin>)

To order, either click on a banner that might rotate past on this website at the top,

Click on this link: TackleUnderground Order Link

or send an email to:

TU_Order@dicknite.com

That will notify me that you are a TU member and you will get your 52% discount on all but the 2 ounce jars.

As for the 2 ounce jars, I will still send out a sample of any of our paints for free if you pay for the shipping. This is a 2 ounce jar, not some little paint chip, so you can see if it is something you could use or not... Just email me at the same email address as above requesting the samples you want.

Again - thank you, thank you, thank you, for your patience and help. Hopefully this whole changeover / reformulation thing will become a distant memory...

You guys are, as I said before, AWESOME!

Dick

Dick Nite Spoons, Inc.

1-888-321-LURE

dicknite@dicknite.com

Edited by dicknite

looking forward to trying the new stuff when summer comes around and i have time to paint!

quick question, are the prices you posted above (and i copied below) before or after the 52% TU discount is applied?

2 Ounce: $8.28

Pint: $23.08

Quart: $41.93

Gallon: $153.62

Thanks,

dave

After. No discount on 2 Oz., but those prices are the prices I charge large manufacturers for the paint.

Dick

And lack of them..........

Sorry hazmail, but I don't use this forum as my main means of communication. I only jump on here once or twice a month to see what is up. I am extremely busy most of the time, so depend on email and phone to do most of my communicating.

Just so happens for the past week I have been out of state at a sportsmen's show and decided to check in tonight, since we got off early (8 pm) and I had some time to kill, saw your post and thought I would answer.

In the future, my email is listed in my profile, or here (in case this thread gets lost) dicknite@dicknite.com and if you have direct questions, it will probably be faster to send them that way.

As for your question, regarding the new top-coat being available in Australia. The S82 (Water Reducible) MAY be able to be sent there - the others will NOT, as they are flammable and UPS charges an arm and a leg to ship flammables by air (since they don't use ships, that is the only way for it to get there...).

I will explore the possibility of sending the S82 to Australia when I get back to my office on Tuesday of next week.

Again, sorry for the delay in responding.

Dick