spoonbender

Usa Manufactured Crankbait Bodies

I'd like to promote the "Made In USA" idea but I haven't done well securing unpainted crank bodies of domestic mfg. I prefer the minnow bodies for most of our coldwater/coolwater species. I've contacted Kendik several times without a response and similar results with JLV lures from Hawaii (still USA made). There's a great plastic injection company here locally but a set of molds could cost upwards of $12,000 which is a bit over my spouse allotted allowance. Ideas?

I'd like to promote the "Made In USA" idea but I haven't done well securing unpainted crank bodies of domestic mfg. I prefer the minnow bodies for most of our coldwater/coolwater species. I've contacted Kendik several times without a response and similar results with JLV lures from Hawaii (still USA made). There's a great plastic injection company here locally but a set of molds could cost upwards of $12,000 which is a bit over my spouse allotted allowance. Ideas?

There is only one decent injection place here in the U.S. Kendik doesnt do the injection part or at least didnt a few years ago. You can get a mold cheaper here if your working with the right company but it still wont be as cheap as abroad. Minnows, topwaters, lipless, divers and so on. The baits made in the U.S. are a little higher but the quality is much better.

There is only one decent injection place here in the U.S. Kendik doesnt do the injection part or at least didnt a few years ago. You can get a mold cheaper here if your working with the right company but it still wont be as cheap as abroad. Minnows, topwaters, lipless, divers and so on. The baits made in the U.S. are a little higher but the quality is much better.

Are any of the unfinished lure bodies you sell made in the USA?

Make the molds yourself spoon. You will keep it in house and control the whole process.. plus you will not risk 12,000 dollars on something that might fail. Not saying you will fail so please dont take it that way..Just trying to give you a option with less risk...but image if you spend 12,000 dollars..ordered 100,000 baits..and you can't sell them. Having a inventory at a low cost is one thing and it looks great on paper when you run the numbers..but selling a huge inventory is another. I dont know if you have an established demand or not but if you really want to go through the expense of having big time injection molding done in the US your going to have to spend alot more than 12,000 dollars to market it later in order to sell all the baits you want to sell. Just my opinion. Take it for whatever its worth.