ckjacks

Scales For Lucky Craft Crack Color?

I was wondering if anyone knows how or where to get the scales for doing the lucky craft 'crack' color (or gunmetal). I know that Cullin8's has figured it out. I could use tape and cut out each individual scale and carefully put it on the bait, but that would take forever. I don't want to just slap the generic lure tape on. I am looking for the seperated scale look. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

I was wondering if anyone knows how or where to get the scales for doing the lucky craft 'crack' color (or gunmetal). I know that Cullin8's has figured it out. I could use tape and cut out each individual scale and carefully put it on the bait, but that would take forever. I don't want to just slap the generic lure tape on. I am looking for the seperated scale look. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

You can try with the original lucky craft magic scales.

here is the link Are expensive but is a soluttion.

I use a scrapbook diamond/scale shaped hole punch and holographic either transparent pearl crushed pearl or white pearl I use asuper thin mixed clearcoat and only apply to the area to be scaled then I use a small pair of tweezers to apply these small diamonds in the same manner as you see on a LC bait after I am done I clear the bait completely with 2 coats applied 15 minutes apart

you can use any color holgraphic material you want I have done many types not just the silver/pearl colors red orange blue purplechartreuse the possibilities are endless

My wife just informed me the shape is a rhombus and I stole her $12 rhombus holepunch :rolleyes:

Edited by airbrushextreme

Well I gave it a shot. I went through my mom's scrapbooking stuff and could only find gingerbread men and star stamps....so I just cut them out with an exacto knife. I was pretty pleased with the results. I think I just need to work on the spacing a little. Here is a picture.

DSC05055.JPG

DSC05055.JPG

DSC05055.JPG

DSC05055.JPG

DSC05055.JPG

DSC05055.JPG

DSC05055.JPG

DSC05055.JPG

post-19291-0-20213000-1296750345_thumb.jpg

Well I gave it a shot. I went through my mom's scrapbooking stuff and could only find gingerbread men and star stamps....so I just cut them out with an exacto knife. I was pretty pleased with the results. I think I just need to work on the spacing a little. Here is a picture.

Good job! You have the paitience of Job, or is that job??

I tried that type holo scales also it looks great I place my scales in a scale back pattern like LC does I settled for the solid nonscaled hologram tape instead the rhombus holepunch is an AC Moore store brand try gold copper or red scales on a golden orange bait it is phenomenal pearl scales on a gold bait won me money lake Okeechobee last year and is a potomac river staple purple scales on a tablerock shad blue scales on a parrot I done a shad rap with chart top scales and pearl lower scales over a simple smokey joe type color think outside the box sometimes