bobv

Another Supplier

I know a couple of guys have mentioned Mudhole in the past, but I just got the new catalog and there are several cool new things epoxy guys can use. They have some stops for epoxy bottles that are self healing so you can stick your syringe in and fill up without bothering with the screw cap. They carry syringes, mixing cups, sticks, and just about anything else the epoxy user might need. They also added some lure making supplies.

I build my own fishing rods and do weavings and wraps to spruce them up. Many rod builder use expoxy finishes and there's tons of forum threads on the merits of this expoxy brand or that brand and how to apply, etc. Kindof like lure finishes. Everybody got their favs. Mostly I think its what you can get to work for you and you like the results.

One of the issues with trying to mix epoxy in small quantities is getting the 50/50 part A to part B accurate. Thats where the syringes really help mix 3 ccs of A to 3 ccs of B and you got 6 ccs to coat the guide wraps and any weave you might try to do. I tried the stoppers that fit on the bottles of rod wrapping expoxy and leaving each syringe inserted into the stoppers. Works great for me. One of the many rod building suppliers is Mudhole. There are other suppliers of these stoppers. Search the internet for rod building supplies. Some of the brand names for expoxy are FlexCoat, Thread Master, Bullard's Diamond II.