blazt*

Fluorescent Purple?

A couple of days ago I tried mixing Createx (the regular airbrush colors) fluorescent blue with fluorescent red to get fluoro purple and the result just didn't have much "glow" at all. Also I think the blue looks a little too much like mild, regular blue to start with. Just wondering if the Auto Air Hot Purple ( in their fluorescent line) would be better, or if I could get another blue (the red is really bright...it's the blue that kills it. Also I could mix the perfect shade if I got another blue.) I'm staying away from Wicked because you have to buy the big bottles. I have half a mind to cruise walmart for some blue but I'd be afraid it wouldn't spray right or look good right next to Ctex.

The last fluro purple I worked with was Lurecraft Poly-Sil, which was truly great - but that was a urethane.

Auto Air generally has more color "pop" than standard Createx, so I'd give them a shot (but I haven't tried the purple). As far as cruising Walmart and buying "hobby paints", nothing wrong with them if you have an airbrush with a large enough tip to shoot their coarse pigments and don't mind the attendant hassles (thinning, clogs, rougher dried paint surface).

A couple of days ago I tried mixing Createx (the regular airbrush colors) fluorescent blue with fluorescent red to get fluoro purple and the result just didn't have much "glow" at all. Also I think the blue looks a little too much like mild, regular blue to start with. Just wondering if the Auto Air Hot Purple ( in their fluorescent line) would be better, or if I could get another blue (the red is really bright...it's the blue that kills it. Also I could mix the perfect shade if I got another blue.) I'm staying away from Wicked because you have to buy the big bottles. I have half a mind to cruise walmart for some blue but I'd be afraid it wouldn't spray right or look good right next to Ctex.

The last fluro purple I worked with was Lurecraft Poly-Sil, which was truly great - but that was a urethane.

[/quote

I have the Createx flr purple, aint' bad but get a brighter purple by mixing flr Pink and flr Blue. Just my 2 cents....

I have the Createx flr purple, aint' bad but get a brighter purple by mixing flr Pink and flr Blue. Just my 2 cents....

Hadn't thought about that. Might be worth a shot. Really makes me wonder how they produce fl. pink, though - that's really a mystery because when I mix fl. red with white (and I've never even heard of a fl. white!) it's just kind of pastel looking. And since pink is not a primary color...how in the hell do they do THAT trick????

And one thing I noticed right off the bat - the fl. red is more like red-orange. So maybe the yellow in there is toning down the purple. But the "red" is one of the brightest I have.

I just got some iridescent purple ctex from tcp global and that looks pretty bright. I have not tried to spray it yet but maybe you want to look at that.

Thanks for the suggestion - do you have any pics? It would be good to stare @ the screen and visualize what a purple back would look like against regular chartreuse, etc!