sportsfisher

Thinner Foils?

hello,

i'm foiling some ultra-light (plastic bodied) lures, ive been using brite-bak foil (0.05mm thick)

i would like to know if anyone knows of another foil that is a bit thinner so i can get more of the origional detail from the plastic moulding on the lure to show through the foil. (scales, gills etc)

i know i wont get all the origional detail but id like as much as possible.

i'd prefer a self adheasive foil, but i can use an adheasive along with bare foil if i have to.

would i just use a craft type spray on adheasive??

thanks again.

I'm no expert on this, but I would try candy wrapper foils. U would have to see a spray adhesive like 777. I use them on balsa baits and they will show detail better then the " sticky tape" . They come in a rainbow of colors , sizes, thickness, and are not expensive. I use a glue stick on balsa, but not sure that is the way to go on plastic.

I am not expert either.

I have tried a couple different things.

What I like most is gold or silver leaf. The material is super thin, but also very very frail. I wear cotton gloves when handling to prenent it form sticking to my hands. I use a spray glue to apply.

I am not expert either.

I have tried a couple different things.

What I like most is gold or silver leaf. The material is super thin, but also very very frail. I wear cotton gloves when handling to prenent it form sticking to my hands. I use a spray glue to apply.

I am no expert either, but I know "fatfingers" ( Vince) amongst others tried this (leaf foiling) a few years back with some stunning results.

You may have to do some searching.

Pete

I buy the cheapest foil I can get which usually means the thinnest foil from the grocery store. I apply using thinned contact cement with laquer thinner to a milky substance and

apply to foil and bait. When done apply laquer thinner to remove excess off edges. Contact cement isn't talked about too much on this site but does a nice job in my opinion.