Ken-Spin

Diy Blister Packaging

I an building a small vacuum former and thought of the possibility of making my own blister packaging. What I have read is that the glue sealing machines are quite expensive. Could I make the blister and glue it to my printed backing card, if so what type of glue would you use? Have any of you tried this?

If the blister has a flange around the edge and fits flat on the card stapling is the cheapest way.

If you are going to go the route of vaccum forming make sure u have enough holes around your platen to pull your corners down tight and you may wa.t to go with 0.015 to0.020 thickness that is about what a regular lure company uses. When I was making my own I was making my blisters 3/8 wider and 1/2 longer. But I found a company where I buy slide blisters alot cheaper than I can make them. I can get 450 for one hundred dollars and that os cheaper than I can get the plastic for and I make my own blister cards.

If you are going to go the route of vaccum forming make sure u have enough holes around your platen to pull your corners down tight and you may wa.t to go with 0.015 to0.020 thickness that is about what a regular lure company uses. When I was making my own I was making my blisters 3/8 wider and 1/2 longer. But I found a company where I buy slide blisters alot cheaper than I can make them. I can get 450 for one hundred dollars and that os cheaper than I can get the plastic for and I make my own blister cards.

Thanks, I am using purchased clam shells for the items that I can find a stock clam shell that fits, however I have some that the only clam shells I can find that the lure will go in just cost too much. 30 to 40 cents each. Would you tell me the company? Do you send them the lures and they package them?

Thanks everyone for the information

Thanks, I am using purchased clam shells for the items that I can find a stock clam shell that fits, however I have some that the only clam shells I can find that the lure will go in just cost too much. 30 to 40 cents each. Would you tell me the company? Do you send them the lures and they package them?

Check www.blisters.com

They are in texas

You might try http://www.blisterpackaging.com - that is PowerPak who makes blister machines and also sells all sorts of blisters and clamshells. I believe he is an advertiser on here... Used to be anyway. I bought two machines and still buy all my cards and blisters from them. Great folks.

Dick

I an building a small vacuum former and thought of the possibility of making my own blister packaging. What I have read is that the glue sealing machines are quite expensive. Could I make the blister and glue it to my printed backing card, if so what type of glue would you use? Have any of you tried this?

What are the quantities you are looking to buy and what state do you live in? I may be able to help.

What are the quantities you are looking to buy and what state do you live in? I may be able to help.

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delayed response.

With the quantities that we are working with and the variety of sizes, we are packaging on an ongoing basis. I know only what I can find on the internet about the heat set glue used.

Questions:

If someone does the blister packaging, is the product shipped to them, packaged and shipped back to me.