VEKMIT BAITS

Bloxygen

Anybody know of or using Bloxygen? It's suppose to preserve the pot life of paint/clear coat etc. I guess my question is, will Bloxygen preserve my clear coat after it's mixed with the hardener.The reason for the question is,if Bloxygen won't preserve after hardener is added to the clear coat,what can i do with the excess clear coat/hardener mixture,because i'm sure there's going to be leftover after i apply it to 10 to 15 RC 2.5 crankbaits.Any help would be Great!

Thank You!

Anybody know of or using Bloxygen? It's suppose to preserve the pot life of paint/clear coat etc. I guess my question is, will Bloxygen preserve my clear coat after it's mixed with the hardener.The reason for the question is,if Bloxygen won't preserve after hardener is added to the clear coat,what can i do with the excess clear coat/hardener mixture,because i'm sure there's going to be leftover after i apply it to 10 to 15 RC 2.5 crankbaits.Any help would be Great!

Thank You!

I think bloxygen is to rid air from coatings such as Dick nights moisture cure polyurethane and such I dont think it will work for 2 part mixes such as D2T or ETech lite they use self generating heat to cure and to prolong the pot life of 2 parts I put my 2 part in the fridge to cool them down but that wont stop the curing it just slows it down..

Thank You!

Anything that you add a hardener to involves a chemical reaction and bloxygen will not help you. Bloxygen blocks the oxygen from the substance you are protecting. So paints, moisture cure top coats etc or anything that reacts with oxygen, is protected by bloxygen.

Dave

Anything that you add a hardener to involves a chemical reaction and bloxygen will not help you. Bloxygen blocks the oxygen from the substance you are protecting. So paints, moisture cure top coats etc or anything that reacts with oxygen, is protected by bloxygen.

Dave

vodkaman is correct. I believe Bloxygen is actually Argon gas. Its an inert gas that won't react with expoxies and urethane. So if you add a catalyst, hardener or water (even room air has some moisture in it) the mix will react. Bloxygen won't stop that from happening. Most guys use it to displace any air in a can or container.