YakAngler81

Iwata Problem

I went to use my Eclipse this evening after work and ran into a problem. After spraying for about a minute, barely any paint was coming out. I took it apart, backwashed it, etc. Tried again and it did the same thing; barely spraying paint, if any. I haven't change anything and am using the same exact paints I've always used. Any ideas as to what the problem could be?

The vent holes in your nozzle may be plugged.

Take the brush apart, and soak the parts in actetone for five minutes. Then reassemble, and spray some acetone through the brush, backflushing with it, too. You might want to loosen the nozzle a little, so the backflush mixture really runs through the nozzle vents, and clears them out.

Then clean/flush with water, to get all the acetone out, and you should notice a big difference.

I went to use my Eclipse this evening after work and ran into a problem. After spraying for about a minute, barely any paint was coming out. I took it apart, backwashed it, etc. Tried again and it did the same thing; barely spraying paint, if any. I haven't change anything and am using the same exact paints I've always used. Any ideas as to what the problem could be?

Dried paint my friend. As Mark said run some acetone. I would just let it soak in the cup for about 30 minutes and back flush. Dont be afraid of the acetone boogie man. It won't hurt a darn thing.

If you dont want to wait 30 mins... use lacquer thinner.... Get a glass jar and fill some LT in the Jar.. then take off your back handle and remove needle...soak your gun tip in jar for about 30 secs.. also dip and wash off your needle.. then put your needle back in the gun and move it back and forth with your hand... watch all the old dried up paint start to come out of the gun into the glass jar. I do this 2 or 3 times per month to all my guns and they are still running strong.