GeorgiaBlade

Gold Paint

I have been looking for Gold paint that looks Gold and not some shade of Brown or Tan. Do any of you folks know if such a product exists? GeorgiaBlade thanks you.

if you are using waterbase try etac private stock 24 ct gold its on there website or usairbrush.com

I have been looking for Gold paint that looks Gold and not some shade of Brown or Tan. Do any of you folks know if such a product exists? GeorgiaBlade thanks you.

A long time ago I knew and fished with a person who owned Georgia Blade his name was Mark you would not be that person?

Rotorhead

I've been using Ctex pearl satin gold and it puts off more flash than the other pearls I have. A slightly lighter gold, not as yellow. But nowhere near tan - 100% genuine real fake gold. My other pearls seem to be nothing but regular colors with silver pearl added but the satin looks different than the others - probably actual "gold" pearl in there.

Although I think you are right, at the suggestion of another member I have ordered Private Stock Gold-Fusion from usairbrush.

Personally, the only finish I've seen that looks like real metallic gold is ..... real gold electroplated on the bait, or gold foil that is glued on there.

Thanks for the tip. I shop their at least once a week and will check it out next time I go. GeorgiaBlade

Foil is the best that I have found. But, I was at wallyworld perusing yesterday and in the automotive section there is a rattle can gold chrome trim paint. Looked interesting but I didnt buy any. It may be a good choice for you. Anyone try this before?

I use oil-based paints only and the best gold I've found so far is Testors. It comes in those little bottles that cost about a $1.50 each (which equals about $6,496,324.00 per gallonlaugh.gif).

The trade-off is that if you want a true gold, meaning an almost metal-looking gold, you'll have almost no latitude in trying to "feather" the gold onto the area you're painting. It will be either a solid gold, or nothing.

Another idea....

1. Base coat your lure black

2. Get some powder pearl.....Mix with your choice base(createx gloss coat works ok. I use about a 1/16tsp per 2oz bottle clear.... Auto clear is the best)

3. Spray in light layers heat setting each layer

Havent tried this with gold but other pearls look very good like this. The black base sets them off.

Another idea....

2. Get some powder pearl.....Mix with your choice base(createx gloss coat works ok. I use about a 1/16tsp per 2oz bottle clear.... Auto clear is the best)

Havent tried this with gold but other pearls look very good like this. The black base sets them off.

Have to agree with you here....seems like some pearl colors are really awesome over a black base. Adds extra flash and deepness. With others it just takes to much pearl to cover well. But I bet gold would be good over black as these are complimentary colors. I'll have to try it with gold.

Matt's got it...

This is a great way to go if you aren't going to use gold foil.

The Gold Pearl Pigments are expensive and take a little practice. Then the clearcoat is where the gold will realy pop for you. 1) Black base coat, 2) 3 thin coats of gold pearl pigment and then 3) a great clearcoat and it is true gold like a custom painted car. Looks the best when painted and cleared with lacquers. The Solvents help the pigment rods in the pearls align better and that is where the FX comes from.

Another idea....

Here is a quick gold bait using pearl.... I did a black base, 5 layers of pearl and no topcoat. I dont plan on fishing tis bait as i didnt take the time to sand and prep it I just wanted to show the effect for you. Background is photo shopped so you dont have to look at my dirty garage...

89b42274-1.jpg