fraddosio

Fitting Image On Crankbait

ok i must be stupid cause i cant understand photoshop enough to get a image to fit my crankbait. if someone can explain it in photoshop for dummies that would be awesome. basically i have all the materials needed for everything but getting started is what i need help with. how do i make the image to print out to fit my cranks? all help appreciated.

ok i must be stupid cause i cant understand photoshop enough to get a image to fit my crankbait. if someone can explain it in photoshop for dummies that would be awesome. basically i have all the materials needed for everything but getting started is what i need help with. how do i make the image to print out to fit my cranks? all help appreciated.

There are a lot of great, detailed tutorials for photoshop online. Also, a book I would recommend is the Photoshp WOW! book for your version of photoshop. I have tried printing images to tissue paper to wrap on baits, but like the results I get from painting much better.

I would scan a patter of my bait and adjust the size in photoshop to match the size of the bait (if needed).

Delete any negative space around the bait. To do this you need to make sure the layer is unlocked. Use the majic wand to select the space around your bait and delete.

On a new layer I would paste a copy of the image. Skew, distort, and size the image to fit the bait as best as possible (if needed).

Trim if needed.

Print.

There are varying degrees of complexity to achieve a desired goal in Photoshop, therefore there is never one way of doing anything. Even something as simple as deleteing sections of am image can be done by using several different methods, each with a different degree of complexity, different benifits, but can end with similar results. Photoshop is an awesome tool, and I wish I still had a copy (lost it when my last computer died). I definately suggest looking at some online tutorials and playing around with layers and images to get a feel for the software.

I am a print expert and have been using photoshop and the adobe packages for over 20 years. One thing with printing and photoshop, make sure you have the desired dpi settings and make sure your colour is CMYK if your printer is CMYK. There are so many variables in the adobe packages, the best suggestion I have if you are really serious about creating mad works of art through digital media is to do a course through Linda.com on anything you need. There are malicious downloads of these courses getting around, which I am not going to advise in downloading as it’s illegal and unjust to steal others people’s hard work, but there are many educational courses setup from beginner to expert in nearly all aspects of the digital age. I have recently completed a course on 3d modelling and have started playing around with various lure shapes. The cost of Linda.com are not that expensive as you can subscribe on a monthly basis and then stop your subscription when you have completed what you need.

Good Luck, hope this helps.

Drew

PS. this is one cracking site and I'm truely addicted to this stuff.